HOW TO BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT FOR BUSINESS
Whether you own or lease your building, you still need electricity so that your business continues to run smoothly. Most offices need lighting, heating, air conditioning, power for office equipment, and other services to stay in business. This is a guide to help you to maximize your energy efficiency and in doing so will save you money while helping the environment.
- Make sure all your electronic equipment is all in good working order, if an Air Conditioner is not serviced and cleaned on a regular basis it will not run efficiently, the same goes for all of the electrical equipment in your business. If you don’t service your car or motor bike you do not get good mileage from your petrol, the same goes for your electrical equipment.
- Use your air conditioners wisely, don’t leave them running in an empty office or building.
- Turn off lighting when it is not needed or when daylight can be used instead.
- Change all lighting to LED efficient globes.
- Use Fans rather than Air conditioning when it is hot and utilize the sunlight through glass windows when the weather is cool.
- If your business is in a financial position that allows you to put Solar Panels on this is a big investment but will save you in the long run.
- When you are considering your next computer upgrade get a laptop rather than a desktop computer laptops use far less electricity.
- Unplug your appliances that are not being used, as even an appliance still left plug in but not switched on draws a small amount or power.
- Unplug battery chargers when the batteries are fully charged or the chargers are not in use, leaving the charger still connected to the phone still draws a minute amount of power and is harmful to your mobile phone, leaving it connected while charging rechargeable batteries lowers the life of the batteries.
- Replace and clean all door seals on refrigerators, if a piece of paper slips easier through the door when closed then the seal should be replaced. Large walk-in Refrigerators should be serviced at least once a year.
Lastly, make sure you are not paying too much for your business electricity contract. If you have business in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney and need a professional energy consultant or broker to manage your business energy procurement at no direct cost to you, please contact Carbon Energy. We work with various Electricity Providers in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney that will be too happy to supply you with a cheaper energy contract for your business