HOW ENERGY EFFICIENCY POLICY COULD SAVE
Tips on How To Reduce Your Business Energy Costs
There’s no secret that energy cost and energy efficiency goes hand-in-hand, with proper energy efficiency policy you will be able to reduce your energy bill cost. By reading this article you have already made the first step towards cutting your business’s energy costs. As a business owner, you will definitely agree that one if not the most unpredictable expense of your business is the energy costs and you want your business to be more energy efficient.
So what does a business owner need to do to reduce their energy costs? You might not realise that a company can do energy savings by doing energy-efficient practices, all to reduce energy bills without undermining service or comfort. Before we dive into the tips, we think you should understand the concept of energy-efficient.
If you are looking to save money from your energy bill, try our free energy audit service.
What is Energy Efficiency?
Energy efficiency means a practice of using less energy to carry out the same mission – that is, minimising energy waste. Good energy efficiency policy offers many benefits: reducing greenhouse gas emissions, reducing energy import demand, and of course, lowering your business energy cost.
Why is Energy Efficiency Important?
Running a business is undoubtedly a daunting venture. Since you consider the various types of costs you will face — employee salaries, benefits, goods, rented space and, of course, cost of production. Electricity and gas can be expensive, particularly if you’re working long days or are using lots of energy all day every day. To reduce business energy costs for your business, implementing energy efficiency policy is one if not the most efficient way.
How To Be Energy Efficient
Whether you own or lease your building, you still need electricity so that your business continues to run smoothly. Most offices need lighting, heating, air conditioning, power for office equipment, and other services to stay in business. This is a guide to help you to maximize your energy efficiency and in doing so will save you money while helping the environment.
1. Upgrade to a more Energy Efficient Office Equipment
- When you are considering your next computer upgrade, get a laptop rather than a desktop computer, laptops use far less electricity.
- Unplug your appliances that are not being used, as even an appliance still left plugged in but not switched on draws a small amount of power.
- Unplug battery chargers when the batteries are fully charged or the chargers are not in use, leaving the charger still connected to the phone still draws a minute amount of power and is harmful to your mobile phone, leaving it connected while charging rechargeable batteries lowers the life of the batteries.
2. Energy Efficient on Lighting
- Turn off lighting when it is not needed or when daylight can be used instead.
- Change all lighting to LED efficient globes.
3. Energy Efficiency on Other Electronic Devices
- Make sure all your electronic equipment is all in good working order, if an Air Conditioner is not serviced and cleaned on a regular basis it will not run efficiently, the same goes for all of the electrical equipment in your business. If you don’t service your car or motorbike you do not get good mileage from your petrol, the same goes for your electrical equipment.
- Use your air conditioners wisely, don’t leave them running in an empty office or building.
- Use Fans rather than Air conditioning when it is hot and utilize the sunlight through glass windows when the weather is cool.
- Replace and clean all door seals on refrigerators, if a piece of paper slips easier through the door when closed then the seal should be replaced. Large walk-in Refrigerators should be serviced at least once a year.
4. Invest in Solar Energy
If your business is in a financial position that allows you to put Solar Panels on this is a big investment but will save you in the long run.
Tips On Saving Business Energy Cost
1. Reduce energy usage in peak hours.
One of the easiest and arguably the most efficient ways to reduce energy bills is to reduce your peak demand. The term “peak demand” refers to the hours of the day when energy use is at its maximum. Peak demand periods are usually working hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). During this time, you can reduce the demand by changing working hours/start times, running heavy machinery and factory machinery throughout the evening and early morning hours, and conserving energy throughout the day.
2. Run an Energy Audit
An energy audit will help assess the overall energy usage and provide a simple overview of ways to save energy at the workplace. Hire a professional that will do a full inspection to check for air leaks, insulation issues, or opportunities to install energy-efficient lighting.
3. Engage in a Cost-Competitive Energy Contract
Following energy efficiency practices might be more effective in reducing energy bills if your company is on the best deal or contract with the right electricity provider. Because the tariff regulated by the government is not going to benefit your business, especially if your type of business requires a huge amount of electricity. To see how much the government regulated tariff charges, click here. In Perth, the majority of businesses are contestable customers, the freedom to choose an energy retailer in Perth is in your hands. You surely want to benefit from this privilege.
To see your options in saving your business from excess energy cost, contact one of our energy specialists and start saving NOW.
Carbon Energy as Your Prefered Energy Broker
Carbon Energy has immense knowledge and vast experience in the energy market. Engaging us to manage your energy requirements will be the best decision to start reducing your power bills. We will save you time and do all the hard work for you. We access you the best solutions in the easiest, secure and convenient way possible.
Haven’t used an energy consultant yet? So why wait any longer? Read our success stories here and see how we can help our customers to save money from their energy bills.
Speak to one of our energy specialists to secure a free Energy Cost Audit (valued at $2000) on 0864601613.